Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

ALOO PARATHA

Add caption
Aloo Paratha

Ingredients

Wheat flour-1 1/2 cup
Potatoes-2
Onion-1
Cumin seeds-1 tspn
Green chillies-2
Garam masala-1/2 tspn
Salt- as required
Oil-as required
Water-as required
Coriander leaves-1/4 cup

Method

Chop the onions, green chillies, and coriander leaves finely. Boil, peel and mash the potatoes.

To the mashed potatoes add a little salt, chopped onions, green chillies, coriander leaves, garam masala and cumin seeds. Make small balls and keep aside

Mix wheat flour, salt and required amount of water to make a soft dough. Rub a teaspoon of oil over the dough at last and let it rest for sometime.

Take a lemon size dough, roll it into a small circle. Keep one potato ball and cover all the sides and again roll it into a round shape.

Heat a flat tawa , when it is hot add the paratha and let it cook for a minute. When it starts to get small bubbles turn around and add a small teaspoon of ghee or oil around the paratha. When the brown spots appear take it out and serve hot with onion yogurt salad.

12 comments:

Babli said...

Aloo paratha looks yummy and it is perfect for breakfast. I love aloo paratha very much.

Namitha said...

Love aloo paratha..Looks perfect and yumm :-)

my kitchen said...

My favorite paratha,Looks yum yum

kothiyavunu.com said...

Perfect partha preethi...My fav in parathas..love it.
Im glad u like the prawn masala recipe....and thanks dear for letting me know that!!:)

Sushma Mallya said...

My favourite aloo paratha,yummy with curds & perfect for breakfast...

sangeeta said...

first time here and this alu paratha looks perfect..
actually i made alu n methi paratha for breakfast today n my husband likes it with homemade malai ..he he...in your picture the onion yogurt dip looked like malai n i thought here is another malai with alu paratha lover...:))

Padhu said...

This is my favourite paratha .Delicious and filling.

Dolly said...

My favourite Parathas too. I love it with curds and lime pickle. Looks yummmy !!!!

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

I too love it with curd but I am not good at making it so well.

my kitchen said...

Wishing you and your family a very happy and prosperous New Year dear:)

thamarai said...

what to do i didn't taste aloo paratha..

FoodLovers said...

aloo paratha looks delicious

Post a Comment